Re: st: RE: Command for Exporting graph to MS wrod

Subject   Re: st: RE: Command for Exporting graph to MS wrod
Date   Thu, 09 Jan 2014 17:55:35 -0500

At 05:23 PM 1/9/2014, Roger B. Newson wrote:
I personally use -rtfutil- (especially the -rtflink- module), as mentioned in Austin Nichols' email below. I too would prefer to use TeX/LaTeX, but a lot of my colleagues want Microsoft-ready documents. So, I have to make them in Rich Text Format (RTF), with the Stata graphs linked in using -rtflink- after exporting them to Encapsulated PostScript using the -graph export- command. I then convert the RTF documents to .doc or .docx documents manually afterwards (by converting the linked documents to embedded documents using "Edit links to files"). The manual part is a bit of a pain, but, unfortunately, Microsoft products in general were not designed to promote the human use of human beings.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Thanks! I am still wondering, though, what is wrong with just using -copy graph- in the graph editor and then pasting into word? Is the quality poor, or are their potential problems down the road, or what?

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
Respiratory Epidemiology, Occupational Medicine
and Public Health Group
National Heart and Lung Institute
Imperial College London
Royal Brompton Campus