st: stset survival analysis with right censoring and left truncation for a bankruptcy dataset

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: stset survival analysis with right censoring and left truncation for a bankruptcy dataset
Date   Sat, 28 Dec 2013 14:02:44 +0000

Dear all,

I have a panel dataset over 5 years with the following variables: pers_id, employee, company, entry, exit, firm's bankruptcy_year, status, outcome. Where:
pers_id=identification number of employee i in company j.
employee=identification number of employee i.
company=identification number of company j.
entry/exit: start and end of the labor contract for employee i.
firm's bankruptcy_year: no explanation needed
status: 0 when the company survived, 1 when became insolvent
outcome: 1 if failed, 0 the observation was not observed to fail.

Severall data are right censored and or left truncated.
There are much more variables in the dataset, i.e. age, sex, function....

I want to run a survival analysis to observe the employee's influence on a bankruptcy. Some people are still employed at the time of the bankruptcy but some people have left the company before the bankruptcy. I think that the former people are well considered with command:

stset end, id(pers_id) time0(start) origin(time start) failure(outcome==1)

but with that command the latter group of people aren't correct involved. Because the may have influenced the bankruptcy too.

I hope that someone could advice me how to involve the latter group correct in my stset.

Regards,
Andri