st: RE: Re: Marginal effects after ivreg2

Subject   st: RE: Re: Marginal effects after ivreg2
Date   Thu, 26 Dec 2013 13:02:16 +0000

Jana,

-ivreg2- doesn't (yet - we really need to add this in!) support -margins-.  But an easy workaround is to use -nlcom- with -ivreg2-.

Below is an example of how to use -nlcom- to mimic -margins- to calculate marginal effects and CIs when you have an interaction.

HTH,
Mark

sysuse auto, clear
gen mpgturn=mpg*turn
regress price mpg turn mpgturn
qui sum turn, meanonly
nlcom _b[mpg] + _b[mpgturn]*(`r(mean)')
qui sum mpg, meanonly
nlcom _b[turn] + _b[mpgturn]*(`r(mean)')
regress price mpg turn c.mpg#c.turn
margins, atmeans dydx(*)

-----
Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2011-2013
Top in the UK for student experience
Fourth university in the UK and top in Scotland (National Student Survey 2012)

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.