Re: st: Question about how streg using the constant-only model for starting values

Subject   Re: st: Question about how streg using the constant-only model for starting values
Date   Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:14:57 -0500

It disregards the three constant model.  The starting iteration is based on the values from the full
model with:
         _t:        _t:        _t:      ln_p:
         age    smoking      _cons      _cons

Steve

On Dec 12, 2013, at 8:18 PM, Jonathan Eggleston wrote:

Thank you for your response.  I'm still a bit confused about how Stata generates the number for iteration 0 for the full model.  Does it use the estimates from the constant-only model at all to generate the numbers for iteration 0, or does it completely disregard these numbers for some reason?

--
Jonathan Eggleston
PhD Candidate