Re: st: pre and post event coding

From   Fernando Furquim <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: pre and post event coding
Date   Thu, 12 Dec 2013 10:26:56 -0600

Hihn,

Could you share some code or data? Remember to -xtset- your data (so
that Stata treats it as panel). Then you could use the lag and lead
operators (L4 and F4 to lag/lead 4 time periods, for example). Those
will lag and lead appropriately accounting for the use of panel data
as long as you -xtset- first.

Assuming you have a regular old panel dataset, this should be pretty
simple, but if your dataset is mixing time periods or something it'd
be trickier.

Good luck!

Fernando