st: RE: RE: hiding value labels

From   "Radwin, David" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: hiding value labels
Date   Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:22:07 -0500

Laurence,

If you want to toggle showing labels in the data editor, you could use create a new label language without associated labels like this:

* labels shown
sysuse nlsw88,clear
browse race married collgrad

* labels hidden
label language blank, new
browse race married collgrad

* labels shown again
label language default
browse race married collgrad

One of my professors used to say, "Famous sayings migrate to famous mouths," which is why (in the US at least) so many quotations are erroneously attributed to Mark Twain, Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill, or Albert Einstein. I won't name the professor in case he appropriated that quotation from someone else!

David
--
David Radwin, Senior Research Associate
Education and Workforce Development