st: question about mixed-effects ordinal regression in STATA 13

From   Darcy Hannibal <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: question about mixed-effects ordinal regression in STATA 13
Date   Thu, 05 Dec 2013 13:15:00 -0800

Hello,

I have a question about the assumptions for the models using either the meologit or meglm (ordinal family) commands. None of the documentation I have found for these new commands available in version 13 mention anything about testing for whether the data meet the proportional odds assumption. Since there are different varieties of ordinal models and not all of them are constrained by proportional odds I am wondering if the models used in these two commands do not assume proportional odds. The brant command will test proportional odds, but it only works after the ologit command.

Can anyone tell me if the proportional odds assumption applies to meologit and meglm (ordinal family). If so, is there a simple way to test for this in STATA or does it have to be done by hand?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.
--Darcy

--
Darcy L. Hannibal, PhD
Staff Research Associate III Supervisor

McCowan Animal Behavior Laboratory for Welfare and Conservation
Department of Population Health and Reproduction

Behavior Management
Brain, Mind, and Behavior Unit
California National Primate Research Center

University of California at Davis

Office: 3029-B CNPRC
Phone: 530-752-1586