Re: st: business days

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: business days
Date   Wed, 4 Dec 2013 19:25:33 +0000

1. Stata has business calendars. Start with -help bcal-.

2. I don't think time series data raise any -merge- issues that aren't
generic. So, -merge- and -drop- is a reasonable answer to this
question. If you want a more detailed answer, you need to ask a more
specific question showing what you tried and what is problematic about
it.

3.

a) Already documented at
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data-management/replacing-missing-values/

b) Already documented at help for -ipolate-.

But the whole point of a business calendar is that gaps are to be
treated as not gaps, removing the need for interpolation (I don't use
the word "imputation" here).

Advice: You ask for a patient and thorough answer. We ask that you
heed the advice at
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/resources/statalist-faq/#before