Re: st: transfer installed ados from one computer to another

From   Christopher Swearingen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: transfer installed ados from one computer to another
Date   Mon, 2 Dec 2013 11:39:24 -0600

Given that I frequently work remotely, I quickly discovered that my
.ado library would be come "dis-synchronized" between my primary work
computer and laptop.  My solution was to utilize a Dropbox folder to
store my personal .ado library.

A simple sysprofile.do that sets the Stata system PLUS and PERSONAL
directories to my Dropbox folders ensures that every time Stata runs,
the .ado library is correctly referenced and seamlessly integrated
into Stata. Any updates or new installs are synced via Dropbox, which
does all the heavy-lifting here.

I have been intending to submit this to SJ as a Stata tip.  I will get
that done now so others can see what I have done.

~c
Christopher J. Swearingen, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Genetics and Biostatistics
Associate Director, Pediatric Biostatistics
Department of Pediatrics
One Children's Way, Slot 512-43
Little Rock, AR 72202

http://www.arpediatrics.org/research/biostatistics