Re: st: transfer installed ados from one computer to another

From   Paolo Moncagatta <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: transfer installed ados from one computer to another
Date   Mon, 2 Dec 2013 19:04:49 +0100

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.  It seems like a system like
Dropbox or Cubby would work nicely, as the optimal solution would be
to have an .ado library that synchronized automatically from whichever
computer you used (I have some .ados at home, some others at my
office, and so, if I just replaced the whole .ado library on one
computer with another, I would lose some of them).

How have your experiences been, Christopher and Alan? When you have
time, Christopher, could you go a bit more in detail on how you setup
the sysprofile.do to direct the PLUS and PERSONAL directories to your
Dropbox?

Also, Alan, I am not familiar with Cubby. Would it work better than
Dropbox for this purpose?

Thanks again,

Paolo
[email protected]