Re: st: reshape or something else?

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: reshape or something else?
Date   Thu, 28 Nov 2013 11:55:38 +0000

Is this what you want? If not, show us explicitly what the reshaped
data should look like.

clear
input value level str3 question
2.05 2 q1
3.01 2 q1
0.75 2 q1
1.99 3 q2
1.86 3 q2
0.44 3 q2
1.21 4 q3
4.22 4 q3
2.55 4 q3
end
egen id = seq(), to(3)
reshape wide value level,  i(id) j(question) string