Re: st: -flex- (Flexible PML estimation of models for doubly-bounded data) is now available from SSC

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -flex- (Flexible PML estimation of models for doubly-bounded data) is now available from SSC
Date   Tue, 26 Nov 2013 09:44:52 -0500

what advantages are in your program compared to just using the -glm-
command (with, of course, "family(binomial) link(logit) and
vce(robust)"? this is, in fact a FAQ:
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/statistics/logit-transformation/index.html

Rich

On 11/26/13, 9:32 AM, Santos Silva, J.M.C. wrote:
> Thanks to Kit Baum, -flex- is now available from SSC.
>
> -flex- estimates flexible models for doubly-bounded data using Bernoulli pseudo
maximum likelihood. The models may have one or two shape parameters and
generalize
the logit specification for fractional data suggested by Papke and
Wooldridge

(1996, "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an
Application
to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates," Journal of Applied Econometrics,
11, 619-632).