Re: st: Small area Estimation

Subject   Re: st: Small area Estimation
Date   Sun, 24 Nov 2013 03:27:52 -0500

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Steve Samuels <[email protected]> wrote:
> Try googling "small area estimation stata" and "mcmc stata"
>
> Steve
>
> Steven J. Samuels
> 18 Cantine's Island
> Saugerties NY 12477
>

> On Nov 23, 2013, at 8:08 AM, Ashish Gupta wrote:
>
> I would like to enquire about the existence of ado or code to perform
> small area estimation in stata. I understand that small area
> estimation can be generated using GLLAMM (nested error random effect
> model with small area effects) Hierarchical Bayesian Modelling can
> also be used to introduce complex models using MCMC methods. However I
> do not know if this has been tried in stata.
Not only tried, but there are even training sessions on this happening
once in a while in various places, see e.g. this year:
http://www.ncrm.ac.uk/training/show.php?article=4092

World Bank provides its own [standalone] tool for small area poverty mapping:
http://go.worldbank.org/ZFPDU6CHE0

> Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
follow Steve's advice and, perhaps, quote the original question by
Julio Estevez in your repost:
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-10/msg01233.html

Best, Sergiy