st: 3SLS with forward differencing

From   Anirudh Tagat <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: 3SLS with forward differencing
Date   Thu, 21 Nov 2013 17:27:15 +0530

Hello

I am currently trying to run an estimation following Lundberg and
Squire's 2003 paper on the Simultaneous Evolution of Inequality and
Economic Growth (EJ) -- where the efficient estimation methodology
used was derived from Keane and Runkle (1992). I am dealing with
dynamic panel  data similar to that commonly found in cross-country
analyses (4 periods, across 200 observations), and would like to use
first-differencing (alternatively forward differencing) and the
suggested variance-covariance matrix transformations on the
instruments to eliminate the serial correlation among instruments that
are only weakly exogenous. So far, I have not been clear on how this
is best achieved, and if the reg3 or ivreg2 (or xtabond2, which is
close but does not follow Keane and Runkle) function is indeed the
appropriate tool. Any suggestions on how to run this estimation (or at
least implementing the transformation) using Stata would be most
welcome.

Many thanks
Anirudh Tagat

--
Anirudh Tagat

Consultant Research Analyst
The RBI Endowment Unit
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA)
PO Box 60, Anand
Gujarat - 388 001