st: Graphing regression models

From   David Torres <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Graphing regression models
Date   Wed, 20 Nov 2013 13:02:58 -0500

Hello,

I have some two-level model output that I would like to graph, but am not familiar with the process of going about doing this. HLM7 makes it look easy, but Stata is a bit more complicated.

About my models:

1. I don't know if it matters, but one of the predictors is instrumented, so I'm using the -xtivreg- command to run the models.

2. At level 1 I have my intercept, the linear and quadratic functional forms for age, and three other time-varying coefficients.

3. At level 2 I have a number of demographic variables, among them race, gender, poverty status.

What I would like to graph:

I would like to graph the curves for race (i.e., cross-level interactions with the intercept and the linear and quadratic age variables). (See model 1 below, specifically the variables black, hispan, othrace, y2, y3, y4, yy2, yy3, yy4.)

And I would like to graph the curves for race when I add an additional cross-level interaction (besides those in the preceding line) with a third time-varying variable. (See the additional race dummy interactions with the third time-varying variable diffsch in model 2; they are d2, d3, and d4.)

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ASSIST ME?
(1)	(2)
smsc	smsc
diffsch	12.44	24.49**