RE: st: RE: xtivreg vs. xtivreg2

To   Sportökonomie <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: xtivreg vs. xtivreg2
Date   Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:26:45 +0000

Marc,

So dependent variable is called "depvar" etc?  OK...

My guess is that you have collinearities that are causing some of the instruments to be dropped.  -xtivreg2- is pretty good about checking for collinearities.

Try estimating with everything as a regressor and see if anything gets dropped because of collinearities:

	xtivreg2 depvar varlist_1 var1 var2 iv ivdum2-ivdum8, fe

or

	xtivreg2 depvar varlist_1 iv ivdum2-ivdum8, fe

--Mark