st: Estimating cure models

From   Oras Alabas <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Estimating cure models
Date   Thu, 14 Nov 2013 15:59:02 +0000

Hi

I am trying to fit a mixture cure fraction model in STATA for a cardiovascular coronary patients recruited between 2005 to 2010.

I have used the mixture cure fraction model by Paul Lambert using the following syntax: "strsmix, dist(weibull) link(identity) bhazard(rate), where rate is the probability of death from the background population.

Unfortunately, all models failed to converge showing the following error message "could not calculate numerical derivatives missing values encountered" although there is no missing values. By replacing the link function from identity to logistic the model run however the estimate of cure doesn't seems correct.

Could you please explain why the model fail to converge? Also can I ask for the STATA code of the cure fraction plot after strsmix?

Many Thanks
Oras

Dr Oras Alabas
Research Fellow in Epidemiology of Cardiovascular Disease
Leeds Institute of Genetics, Health and Therapeutics (LIGHT)
University of Leeds
Worsley Building | Room 8.49
Leeds, UK
LS2 9JT