Re: st: uniform distribution

From   Fernando Rios Avila <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: uniform distribution
Date   Fri, 8 Nov 2013 15:58:14 -0500

What about standardizing the variable toward an index from 0 to 1.
say:
sum mpg
gen mpg_s=(mpg-r(min))/(r(max)-r(min))
Transform it into a normal
gen n_mpg_s=invnormal(mpg_s)
and then make a normality test of this variable
sktest n_mpg_s
HTH
Fernando