st: question using moptimize

From   "Gregory, Christian - ERS" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: question using moptimize
Date   Wed, 30 Oct 2013 14:22:47 +0000

Hi All,

I've written a bivariate semi-ordered probit model using -moptimize-; in this model, one of the equations is binary and one of the equations is an ordered outcome. While the command works well for the application that I have, a problem with generalizing it is that the number of equations in the model is dependent on the problem. That is , it would be different for a model in which the ordered variable had 7 as opposed to 5 categories, since each of the cutpoints for ordered outcome require a separate "equation" in moptimize_init_eq_indepvars(). Is there a way to write this in moptimize-ie. varying the number of equations with the application-or should I just stick to ml?

Thanks,
Christian

Christian A. Gregory
Research Economist