Fwd: st: esttab into Excel tables that are directly readable?

From   Jen Zhen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Fwd: st: esttab into Excel tables that are directly readable?
Date   Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:05:41 +0200

Dear Sergiy and David,

thank you for your replies regarding my misgivings about -esttab-.

On -esttab-:
By "extra clicks" I meant the "Text to Columns" step mentioned by
David: When open the CSV file in Excel, either by clicking on the
hyperlink with its name right in the Stata results window or by
opening the saved file in Windows Explorer, I see all data in a single
column and first need to tell Excel that at each comma the data are to
be split into separate columns. It would be convenient if I could
esttab into a format which Excel does then directly display in
separate columns, but I have not been able to find such an output
format for esttab. I am still running Stata 11 and currently have no
financial resources to upgrade to a later version.

On -outreg2-:
I have thus been considering to switch from -esttab- to Roy Wada's
-outreg2-. However, here I find it disadvantageous that I cannot just
compile the table with one line after all the regressions but must
instead use a separate -outreg2 ..., append- after each regression. I
can build that into a loop.
But it seems that I can only prevent -outreg2- from adding all earlier
regression results run in that Stata session, I need to separately
-outreg2- my first regression with the replace option and then all
others with the append option. But that looks very inelegant in my
dofile. Do people know any more elegant way of doing this?

Thank you so much and kind regards,
JZ