Re: st: Identify computer on which Stata is running

From   Glenn Hoetker <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Identify computer on which Stata is running
Date   Thu, 17 Oct 2013 18:58:32 +0000

I've struggled with this too.  My solution has been to use relative directories in my do files and set the working directory from the Stata command line before running them.

That way, I can refer to ../data or ../graphs in my code and it will always end up in the right place.

Won't work for everyone but it might be useful for some.

Glenn Hoetker
Arizona State University | W. P. Carey School of Business
Dean's Council Distinguished Scholar & Associate Professor
Affiliate Professor   Sandra Day O'Conner College of Law
Senior Sustainability Scholar   Global Institute of Sustainability
Faculty Fellow   Center for Science, Law & Innovation
[email protected]  |http://hoetker.faculty.asu.edu | 480-965-4566