Re: st: Use of Stata project manager to make backing up and sharing more efficient

From   Roberto Ferrer <[email protected]>
To   Stata Help <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Use of Stata project manager to make backing up and sharing more efficient
Date   Thu, 17 Oct 2013 06:16:07 +0100

Stephen,

-project- and a VCS, each on its own, can help you with the specific
task of sharing. However, these two suggestions have additional,
mutually exclusive capabilities which any researcher could take
advantage of. The point being: don't discard using both (I do).

While a VCS has a steep learning curve (in my opinion, at least), you
can get started with basic tasks quite quickly. You mention "share"
AND "collaborators" which is why Sergiy Radyakin's recommendation is a
very good one. Git is a very popular and well documented VCS. See
here: http://git-scm.com/book.

Bests,
Roberto