Re: st: ROC-curves

From   Marta Garcia-Granero <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ROC-curves
Date   Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:23:11 +0200

Hi Ragnhild:

Since I did not see any replies, I'm giving you some ideas (the ones I use):

a) You can get the 95%CI for the AUC using bootstrapping:

program bootroc, rclass
    quietly logit "your model goes here"
    quietly lroc, nograph
    return scalar area=r(area)
end

bootstrap roc=r(area), reps(1000) : bootroc
stat bootstrap, all

b) you can save the predicted probabilities using "predict double prob, xb". Then you can use -rocreg- with "roc(1-spec value)" option. Also, the predicted probabilities can be used with other roc commands that give 95%CI with different methods (Hanley, deLong...)

Take a look at this page:

http://www.stata.com/features/overview/receiver-operating-characteristic/

Anyway, I'm sure that others can give more detailed explanations, and better ideas than these ones.

HTH,
Marta Garcia-Granero