Re: st: Capture break in mata

From   George Vega Yon <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Capture break in mata
Date   Wed, 2 Oct 2013 14:59:31 -0300

Dear Alan,

Thanks for the clarification.

If you don't mind, I think that there is nothing wrong about any OS
showing the "Break disallowed...", moreover, I think it is a useful
thing just like you said. What Iin my opinion would be a good idea is
to extend the -setbreakintr()-'s functionality by including a third
mode (2) in which this popup message is showed. I guess programmers
can use the -setbreakintr()- in two ways:

 - Simply to avoid stopping a program in the middle of something
(which is the original idea I think), here the popup window goes well.
 - To go further and take special actions if the user presses the
break key (which is what I'm looking for), here the popup window
doesn't goes ok.

In this way users won't get dizzy and programmers can do more with it.

Ideally for both cases the -breakkey()- should change its value.

I don't know if doing this needs too much effort, and so neither know
if you are keen to it, but if eventually  you build something like
this it would be great.

Thanks again,

George Vega
George Vega Yon