Re: st: nnmatch error in PSM

From   Katherine Picho <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: nnmatch error in PSM
Date   Thu, 12 Sep 2013 14:37:40 -0400

Hello again Ariel, Joe

(and anyone else who knows about psmatch2)

I'm using stata12 IC.

I have 3500 observations in my treatment and 10k control observations.
I want to conduct 1:1   matching to get the best matches for my 3500
treatments this pool of 10,000 controls, and then save the new dataset
(a subset of the original) that would contain only the 1:1 matched
cases (thus ending up with a total sample of 7k observations; 1/2
trtment, 1/2 ctrl).

 My question is:

I have looked at the psmatch2 detailed syntax but do not see any
options for creating such a new dataset from the original. Does it
exist and am I missing something, or this feature not yet available?
thanks!

Katherine.