Re: st: -egenmore- grouping & graphing with -axis(varlist)-

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -egenmore- grouping & graphing with -axis(varlist)-
Date   Thu, 29 Aug 2013 12:18:22 +1000

Thanks Nick,
If I do the following,

sysuse auto, clear
keep if _n < 6
keep make price
egen var2 = axis(price make)
graph hbar (asis) price, over(var2)

it is difficult for the reader to follow price down the list of hbars,
because the sub-label price is not aligned.

If both price and make were aligned, as in the following example, then my
readers will be able to following the graph clearly.

egen var1 = axis(make price)
graph hbar (asis) price, over(var1)

For each label, I would like to have price before make, but I don't know
how to do this while keeping them aligned.

Mike.