st: formatting forest plots in meta-analysis

From   "Welling, Roberta@OEHHA" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: formatting forest plots in meta-analysis
Date   Tue, 27 Aug 2013 23:21:43 +0000

I want to use some STATA forest plots in a paper and have found it both tedious and imprecise to try to edit them as pictures using the Paint program. In particular, I want to control the number of decimal places in the weights that show up on the graphs. I have tried to find this information online and have so far been unsuccessful.

The command I'm using to run the meta-analysis and produce the forest plot is:
metan logor selogor, eform xlabel(0.25, 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 5, 10) force xtick(0.75, 1.25, 1.75, 2.25) effect(Odds ratio) label(namevar=id)

Is it possible to format these numbers in the command line? If so, how?

Robbie Welling
Research Scientist
Community Assessment and Research Section
Air, Community and Environmental Research Branch
Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment
(510) 622-3152