Re: st: saving case ids when using "propensity score" matching

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: saving case ids when using "propensity score" matching
Date   Wed, 21 Aug 2013 10:32:40 -0400

It seems to me that you are manually replicating exactly what these programs
already do. For example -psmatch2- (findit ssc) either uses the propensity
score you provide, or estimates the propensity score using the covariates
you provide. -psmatch2- then finds the matched controls based on your
specified approach (nearest neighbor,  etc.). Finally, the program provides
you with the ID of the matches as well as their weights...

Moreover, the help files states:

_nk In the case of one-to-one and nearest-neighbors matching, for every
treatment observation, it stores the observation number of the k-th matched
control observation. Do not forget to sort by _id if you want to use the
observation number (id) of for example the 1st nearest neighbor as in:

sort _id
g x_of_match = x[_n1]

So I am confused as to what you are asking for here that differs than what
-psmatch2- already does?

Ariel