st: saving case ids when using "propensity score" matching

From   "Ben Hoen" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: saving case ids when using "propensity score" matching
Date   Tue, 20 Aug 2013 12:23:03 -0400

Hi all,

I have used a multivariate regression model (with a number of continuous,
fixed and interacted variables) to produce a predicted value of my dependent
variable, which I will use as a propensity score in a matching exercise.

I want to loop through each "treated" case, and select a set of k-nearest
neighbors based on this (predicted value) "propensity score".

Ideally I would be able to save the id of each matched control case so that
I could use that in an analysis I will do later.

Although there are a number of propensity score matching algorithms
available (e.g., psmatch2, pscore, nnmatch - all available via ssc) I have
not found one that allows me to save an indicator variable (e.g., unique id)
for the matches (moreover their respective weights, in the case of identical
matches).  Ideally I would have an output like geonear (available via ssc)
that allows me to save off an id for the k-nearest neighbors.

Is what I am hoping for available?

Ben

Ben Hoen
Staff Research Associate
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Office: 845-758-1896
Cell: 718-812-7589
[email protected]
http://emp.lbl.gov/staff/ben-hoen

Visit our publications at:
http://emp.lbl.gov/reports/re

Sign up for our email list to receive publication notifications at:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/lbl.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGlFS
1U1NFlUNzQ1TlBHSzY2VGZuN1E6MQ