Re: st: sortpreserve option

From   David Kantor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sortpreserve option
Date   Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:04:44 -0400

At 11:29 AM 8/15/2013, Jeph wrote:
Perhaps this is naive of me, but the documentation for -sortpreserve- states up front that -sortpreserve- is not intended for programs which modify the data, nor is it appropriate in that case: "sortpreserve is intended for use in programs that report results or add new variables to the dataset, not programs that modify the data in memory."

When all else fails, read the directions.
I mean, I plead guilty for not having done so.

Also, that warning about sortpreserve is consistent with my inclination about it. But I'm curious to find out what happens if you do such modifications.
--David