Re: st: sortpreserve option

From   David Kantor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sortpreserve option
Date   Wed, 14 Aug 2013 17:15:24 -0400

At 03:14 PM 8/14/2013, Sergiy Radyakin wrote:
What is the effect of inclusion of the -sortpreserve- option in the
declaration of a program, which might change the number of
observations? (add or remove)

My understanding is that it should have no effect on the number of observations. Its effect is to insure that when the program exits, the data are left in the same sort order as before.
That may or may not be desirable, depending on your needs.
It may take a little extra run-time.

I have written one program where I made it an option -- whether to run it as sortpreserve. There was a little trick to make that happen, which I can explain if you want.
HTH
--David