Re: st: installation in Amazon EC2

From   Michael Barker <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: installation in Amazon EC2
Date   Wed, 31 Jul 2013 14:18:33 -0400

Hi Nick,

Are you interested in other cloud computing providers?

I was running Stata on a service called PiCloud (www.picloud.com).

I don't understand all of the details, but you basically get a linux
machine where you can log-in and install whatever software you need.
They call these "Environments". This is where you would install Stata.
Then you use "Volumes" to store project-specific files, like do-files
and dta-files. I used a separate volume to store my personal .ado
directory.

It worked pretty well for me. I only stopped using it because I got
access to my university hpc cluster.

Mike