Re: st: Sampling without replacement?

Subject   Re: st: Sampling without replacement?
Date   Sat, 27 Jul 2013 15:19:46 -0400

Hi, Jessica:

Nothing you've said yet indicates that you have a random sample of any
kind, let alone one with or without replacement. To classify the sample, I'd
need to know the entire process by which the addresses were selected.

1. What's the list that you originally consulted to get the addresses?

2. How many addresses were on that list?

3. How many addresses did you send mailings to?

4. If the number in (3) is less than the number on the original list
(2), how did you select the addresses that got mailings?

5. How many households responded?

Thanks,

Steve