Re: st: fractional response using xtgee - correct implementation of random effects and fixed effectst?

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: fractional response using xtgee - correct implementation of random effects and fixed effectst?
Date   Thu, 4 Jul 2013 14:04:04 +0100

Thanks for this. I was not inferring or implying any intent to offend
at all, just making factual points -- more for others to read than
yourself.

But I think it would have been much better to mention that you did
know about Leslie Papke's code on the page I cited.

To the best of my knowledge Leslie Papke is not a member of Statalist
so if you have any specific questions about her do-files you may have
to ask her directly. I absolutely cannot speak for her, but my wild
guess would be that the do-files are there essentially to document
what was done in a particular paper. I can't advise what other
materials may be available.

I haven't applied your kind of analysis to panel data but others may
be able to add extra comments.

From:   Nick Cox <[email protected]>