st: RE: How do I import a macro-enabled Excel worksheet into Stata 12?

From   "Radwin, David" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: How do I import a macro-enabled Excel worksheet into Stata 12?
Date   Fri, 28 Jun 2013 17:19:22 -0400

John,

The manual specifically mentions only .XLS and .XLSX files:

    import excel loads an Excel file, also known as a workbook, into
Stata.  import
    excel filename, describe lists available sheets and ranges of an
Excel file.
    export excel saves data in memory to an Excel file.  Excel 1997/2003
(.xls) files
    and Excel 2007/2010 (.xlsx) files can be imported, exported, and
described using
    import excel, export excel, and import excel, describe.

So it appears Stata does not support importing .XLSM files. I tried it
in Stata 12.1 for Windows just to see and it didn't work for me, either.

David
--
David Radwin
Senior Research Associate