st: problem using "vselect"

From   Matthew Hamilton <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: problem using "vselect"
Date   Fri, 28 Jun 2013 15:22:31 -0400

Hi, I'm using the vselect package as follows:

vselect depvar varlist, fix(indepvar1 indepvar2) best

"Varlist" stands for a long list of candidate predictors. This list
does not include indepvar1, indepvar2, or depvar. My understanding is
that the option fix(indepvar1 indepvar2) forces the algorithm to give
the "best" model that contains those two variables for each quantity
of predictors. For example:

vselect logI2010pc logGCI7_LaborMarketEfficiency
logGovcontrolofcorruption logLFPR2010, fix(logGDP2010pc logWA2010pc)
best

However, I keep getting the error: "The Fixed variables overlap with
the predictors/response."

Based on my reading of vselect.ado, I am pretty sure it is supposed to
give this error when varlist and the fix() vars are not disjoint.
What's going on? Could this be a bug in vselect?

Thank you.