RE: Re: RE: st: Beta values in QREG

From   "Santos Silva, J.M.C." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: Re: RE: st: Beta values in QREG
Date   Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:57:54 +0100

Dear Maarten,

Apologies if I misread you but your reply shows that we have somewhat
different views about this; my points were:

a) you may want to use quantile regression for reasons that have nothing
to do with avoiding using moments.

b) for the beta coefficients you need to change the scale of the regressors
and that has noting to do with moments of the dependent variable.

Anyway, I totally agree with you on the idea that not everything you can
technically do makes substantive sense.

Joao