Re: st: use13 : an experimental Stata command to import datasets in new Stata 13 format into older versions of Stata

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: use13 : an experimental Stata command to import datasets in new Stata 13 format into older versions of Stata
Date   Wed, 19 Jun 2013 18:11:01 +0100

I have no access to Stata 13, but there is precisely no point to
-saveold- if Stata 12 is presented with data features it can not
handle. So, at best long string variables will get truncated at 244
characters. That's my guess.

I hope you don't get troubled by users who imagine that you have found
a cheap way for them to upgrade without paying!