Re: st: FW: Mediation with endogenous mediator and endogenous independent variables

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: FW: Mediation with endogenous mediator and endogenous independent variables
Date   Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:06:45 +0200

Hi:

Your message is still unclear. You ask:

"I need to know the impact of the independent variables on the mediator"

You get that from:

"m = z1 z2 z3 c (the mediator on the instruments and controls)"

Or did you mean the impact of the instruments on the mediator, in which case you do the following as a postestimation command after ivregress:

estat firststage

.....to see whether your instruments are "strong".

Or, are you asking about something else?

Best,
John.

P.S. I guess your code is (you left out "2sls" in your message):

ivregress 2sls y c (x1 x2 m = z1 z2 z3), first r

John Antonakis
Professor of Organizational Behavior
Director, Ph.D. Program in Management

Faculty of Business and Economics