st: Identify reciprocated ties in directed network with -netsis-

From   Claudio Tagliapietra <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Identify reciprocated ties in directed network with -netsis-
Date   Sat, 15 Jun 2013 09:15:49 +0000

I am using -netsis- in Stata 12.1 SE in Windows 7, to analyze a directed network. The data is stored as an arc list, as follows

Example 1. Input.

month   source   target
------------------------------
1           Andrew  Peter
1           Peter     Andrew
1           James   Peter
2           Peter     James
2           Andrew  Peter
2           James    Peter

"source" and "target" are stored as integer ids.

I want to create a dummy "recipr" that indicates which ties (arcs) are reciprocated in each month. The output should be:

Example 2. Output.

month   source   target    recipr
1           Andrew  Peter      1
1           Peter     Andrew   1
1           James   Peter       0
2           Peter     James     1
2           Andrew  Peter       0
2           James    Peter      1

Is this currently possible with -netsis-?
Alternatives?

Claudio

5x1000 AI GIOVANI RICERCATORI
DELL'UNIVERSITÀ DI BOLOGNA
Codice Fiscale: 80007010376
www.unibo.it/Vademecum5permille

Questa informativa è inserita in automatico dal sistema al fine esclusivo della realizzazione dei fini istituzionali dell’ente.