Re: st: getting user-written commands presented at Stata user meetings?

Subject   Re: st: getting user-written commands presented at Stata user meetings?
Date   Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:00:35 -0400

Ariel,

as far as I know no particular requirement is set for code presented
at Stata User Group Meetings to be publicly available. And not
everything presented there is possible to be packed in one or more ado
files sometimes (think 'wishes and grumbles' sessions for example).

The reasons may vary: the code may formally belong to the employer
from which it is just difficult to get a copyright clearance to
release the code; or it might be heavily bound to confidential data;
or it might rely on some data that is not expected that the wide
audience may possess (I imagine genome data); or the presenter is
using the opportunity to advertise the skills, while reserving the
possibility to work as a consultant on this topic without revealing
all the cards; or the program eventually was found to be buggy and
public release was scrapped, or a huge number of other reasons of
which we can only speculate.

Having no info is strange, but it does not prevent you from Googling
the author, which in this case resolves to Sabrina Dorn, which after
one more search leads here:
http://www.cae.ethz.ch/people/dsabrina
Though you may want to spend another 30 seconds to check that this is
the "unique solution".

Best, Sergiy