Re: st: Heckman Procedure

Subject   Re: st: Heckman Procedure
Date   Mon, 10 Jun 2013 22:27:04 -0400

Annie, Stata is doing the right thing as your variable fa is bringing
no additional explanatory power to the model since it is a linear
combination of your variable age sex and logfum from the first stage,
and thus the separate effect of it can't be identified. Recall that
the coefficient on a variable is the effect of change of that var
holding all other constant (ceteris paribus). Can your fa change when
age,sex, and logfum are fixed? Did you forget perhaps something like
an instrument? Best, Sergiy