st: stata 13 enterprise licenses

From   László Sándor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: stata 13 enterprise licenses
Date   Mon, 10 Jun 2013 17:36:35 -0400

Hi,
I have a weird question about enterprise licensing (even though I am
definitely not the person responsible for licensing at my
institution).

Our current network licenses expire on June 30, so it would be foolish
to buy another year of Stata/MP 12 when 13 is out. But exactly this
what happened two years ago with Stata 11 and 12, and I am not sure
our IT staff is correct. Is it true that enterprise licenses will not
be immediately available?

When I reached out to our IT staff about Stata 13, they replied "Thank
you for the information.There is typically a delay between the
announcement of a new version and delivery to enterprise licensees,
but we will plan to upgrade Stata as soon as we are able to."

When I got more specific about the release of Stata 13 and the
expiration of our Stata 12 licenses, they repeated "Thank you, however
the plan remains the same -- which is to upgrade to the latest version
as soon as its made available to enterprise customers."

I do not want to bother StataCorp sales, esp. behind the back of our
official IT people, but perhaps it's worth a little discussion if
others are having a similar experience.

Thanks,

Laszlo