Re: st: mlogit estimation p-value problem

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: mlogit estimation p-value problem
Date   Mon, 10 Jun 2013 06:14:48 -0400

Dear Andreas,

It is difficult to give good suggestions without seeing your Stata
commands and output.

I am puzzled by your analysis.  If the dependent variable is actually
a count (which can take values of 0 through 5), that would make the
six outcome categories ordered.  A multinomial logistic regression
treats the outcome categories as unordered.  You could consider an
ordinal logistic regression, but that would not use the equal spacing
of the count.

You did not mention the number of groups or the total number of
observations.  Perhaps the outcome of 5 has too few observations.

David Hoaglin