Re: st: Outreg

From   John Luke Gallup <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Outreg
Date   Wed, 5 Jun 2013 11:45:02 -0700

Wameq,

I have been slow about responding to this question.  I never thought of combining the coefficient and the standard error in the _same_ table column; you can combine them with the -frmttable- option -doubles-.  This option is available in -outreg- (as all -frmttable- options are), but not documented as such.  It is not possible to put the asterisks between the coefficient and the standard error, but they can be placed to the right of the standard error.

The following code accomplishes this:

sysuse auto, clear
reg mpg weight length
matrix dbl = (0,1)
outreg, se doubles(dbl) dbldiv("(") nosubstat brackets("",")") starloc(1)

This uses a trick to get the parentheses around the standard error.  It changes the character which separates the two statistics put in one column (originally designed for things like confidence intervals) to be an open parenthesis, using the -dbldiv- option.  It then changes the -brackets- option to have only a close parenthesis.

I had to make a small change in -frmttable- to accommodate this command.  Make sure -outreg- (which bundles -frmttable-) is updated to version 4.27.  Use the command -which outreg- to find the current version installed, and -ssc install outreg, replace- to update.

John