Re: st: Re: XTGEE or XTLOGIT with rare events

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Re: XTGEE or XTLOGIT with rare events
Date   Tue, 4 Jun 2013 14:14:00 +0100

My main purpose was to get you to sharpen up your question and now
others who are expert in this territory may find it a bit easier to
say something useful. But there remains some fuzziness over what kinds
of comments you think we can deliver.

"[A]re the results reliable and is it justified to use these models?"
An oracular "Yes" or "No" is presumably not what you are expecting
here. I think you would have to post some results for people who have
used these models to comment.

The probability of rare events is just what it is; you only need
-summarize- for that, apart from sampling issues.