Re: st: RE: Testing for instrument relevance and overidentification when the endogeneous variable is used in interaction terms

From   Jason Wichert <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Testing for instrument relevance and overidentification when the endogeneous variable is used in interaction terms
Date   Tue, 4 Jun 2013 13:47:16 +0200

Mark,

Thank you very much for your feedback (and all the other excellent
comments on 2SLS you made on statalist). It's not the usual regression
101, so it actually took me a couple of days to work through all the
respective IV statistics, hence my late reply.

My analyses start with just the one endogenous regressor and are
subsequently extended to incorporate the endogenous interaction terms.

In the base case of just that one endogenous variable, i.e.

 ivreg2 y ex1 ex2 (en = z1 z2)

I intend to present the first stage F-statistics (to reject weak
identification of my endogenous variable), results from the
Sargan/Hansen overidentification test (to test whether the instruments
are jointly exogenous), as well as a partial R² (to assess instrument
relevance), and a Hausman test for endogeneity.

In the extended case of (*gasp*)

 ivreg2 y ex1 ex2 (ex1)^2 (ex2)^2 (en ex1_en ex2_en (ex1)^2_en
(ex2)^2_en = z1 z2 ex1_z1 ex1_z2 (ex1)^2_z1 (ex1)^2_z2 ex2_z1 ex2_z2
(ex2)^2_z1 (ex2)^2_z2)

I intend to present results from the Sargan/Hansen overidentification
test, results from the Anderson/Rubin (1949) [or potentially
Stock/Wright (2000)] test to indicate that all the endogenous
regressors are jointly significant in the second stage, the
Kleibergen/Paap (2006) statistic of underidentification of the model
(i.e. the joint endogenous regressors) , the Cragg/Donald (1993)
statistic of weak identification of the model, the Angrist/Pischke
(2009) statistics for identification of each of the endogenous
regressors, as well as a Hausman test for endogeneity.

Is there something blatant obvious I’m missing or anything I could
well leave out, particularly in the extended case? In particular I’m
wondering about

a) the necessity of the A/R-test, considering most all of my
endogenous variables are highly significant in the second stage, as
indicated by their respective t- and p-values,

b) the necessity of presenting both K/P as well as C/D statistics,

c) the necessity of the Hausman test in the extended case.

Again, thank you very much in advance for your feedback!