st: RE: RE: Batch convert characters in variable labels

From   "Mustafa Ornek" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Batch convert characters in variable labels
Date   Sat, 1 Jun 2013 04:15:26 -0400

I believe you can benefit from a package called "renvars".
You can install within STATA by typing: net search renvars

This package has a variety of options to let you rename variables.

Eg;
/* With the following loop we are adding those variables
starting with letters "a-k" numbers "1-11"*/
****
local s=1

foreach let in a b c d e f g h i j k {

	renvars `let'* , postfix(`s')
	local s=`s'+1
}

/* The following code renames EVERY variable in the
dataset in a way that they drop the first character in
their names*/

renvars *, predrop(1)

I hope it works for you,

Mustafa Ornek
PhD Candidate in Health Policy
McMaster University
Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis
[email protected]