Re: st: graph the fitted values in a 3-way interaction with additional covariates

From   "Gentile, Elisabetta" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: graph the fitted values in a 3-way interaction with additional covariates
Date   Tue, 28 May 2013 11:12:13 +0800

Dear Richard,

Thanks for your suggestion.  Allow me to build on your example to
clarify my issue:

webuse nhanes2f, clear
regress health c.age##female##black height weight

Since I want to find the slopes of 'health' on 'age' for each interaction, I do:

margins female#black, dydx(age)

At this point, I want to plot said slopes for each interaction.

Now, it is my understanding that if I do:

twoway lfit health age, by(female black)

Stata will plot the fitted values from a different regression:

regress health c.age##female##black

that is, the effect of the other covariates is not there.

I am trying to override the defaults on marginsplot to get what I
want, but so far I have not found the right syntax.

Your thoughts on the issue are much appreciated.

Elisa