Re: st: RE: Conserving variables and value labels while reshaping wide to long

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Conserving variables and value labels while reshaping wide to long
Date   Thu, 23 May 2013 12:58:11 +0100

Your restructuring can be done in several ways. Here is another

preserve
gen wave = 1
rename (da03 da04) (a03 a04)
keep id a03 a04 wave
save wave1
restore
gen wave = 2
rename (ea03 ea04) (a03 a04)
drop da03 da04
append using wave1

I've not tried it, but I am hopeful on your behalf that your labels
will be kept.